What We Do
The mission of the Community Foundation of North Central Florida is to promote and sustain philanthropy among the communities of North Central Florida.
- Serves as a leader, catalyst, and center for education on philanthropy.
- Strives to broaden the base of philanthropic giving in North Central Florida.
- Provides flexible and cost-effective strategies for donors to benefit their community today and for generations to come.
- Builds and preserves an endowment to address changing community needs.
- Promotes and facilitates partnerships among nonprofit organizations to help meet evolving community needs.
- Works toward measurable community improvement through strategic grant-making to benefit the arts, the environment, community development, education, health, social services, and other areas of interest.
In 1996, members of the local Estate Planning Council began exploring the possibility of establishing a community foundation for the benefit of the Gainesville community. By 1998, the Community Foundation was incorporated, obtained 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service and received its first gift. As of May 2012, the Community Foundation operates under the name the Community Foundation of North Central Florida. The Community Foundation is grateful to the following estate-planning professionals whose foresight and steadfast commitment to establishing the Foundation will benefit the community for generations to come.
Founding Board Members
- Stuart Wegener
- Michael Tillman
- Teresa Caskey
- Larry E. Ciesla
- Tony Kendzior
- Will Olinger
- Howard Patrick
- Judith Ranger Smith
- Thomas C. Spain
- Richard White